How To Do Fruit Facial At Home?
Fruits are the best solutions to most of our problems. They are capable of nourishing us inside out. Either in form of dietary nutrients or in form of skin care regiments. Then why opt for over the counter facial kits, when Mother Nature has provided us a plethora of remedies, sans chemicals or preservatives.
Benefits Of Fruits In Facials:
- A home made fruit facial is a fast, easy and economical way of rejuvenating and hydrating your skin.
- These are devoid of harmful chemicals, perfumes, preservatives and other artificial supplements.
- Fruits give your face a quenched look, the very smell of a fruit on your face is quite de-stressing.
- Helps loosen the packed layers of dead skin on our face, thus preventing infections or acne.
See More: Aloe Vera Face Packs
Step By Step Guide To Fruit Facial At Home:
Steam your face over hot water to open up pores. Mix together cold milk, a dash of lime juice and pinch of salt. Soak a cotton ball in cold milk mix and gently rub in circular motion on your face and neck. Leave it in for the skin to absorb. Wash off with lukewarm water.
Benefits: It helps remove dust from deep pores and gives an instant brightness to the skin.
Use any fruit based scrub, such as mashed strawberry and gently rub over your face, with your fingertips, in circular motion. In case of dry skin, make a scrub missing oatmeal and honey. Apply in the same way and rinse off with lukewarm water.
Benefits: It helps remove dead cells from our face, which is the main cause for acne.
Mash fruits into a creamy texture and gently apply all over your face. In case of acne prone skin one can opt for a more watery texture infusing citrus juices. Massage slowly for 10 minutes and wipe off.
Benefits: Massaging ensures that, there is proper blood circulation to your face. This gives our face a natural radiance and blush.
Apply Face Pack:
Pick your favorite fruits as per your requirement and skin type and mash them together to make your own face pack. Leave it on till it’s dry and finally rinse with lukewarm water. The benefits will depend upon the nature of fruits.
Use a homemade toner using cucumber, lemon, coconut or lime. Or simply use any cosmetic toner according to your skin type.
Benefits: It helps soothe the pores after the scrubbing and washing.
Apply honey on your skin to moisturize your skin. It also acts as bleach. Apply carefully avoiding eyebrows and hairline. Massage gently up to two minutes and leave it on skin for another 10 minutes. Rinse it off with lukewarm water. For very dry skin or during winters you may also use almond oil to moisturize.
Best Fruit Facial Benefits:
- Kiwi Fruit: Rich in Vitamins A, E, C and citric acid. Kiwi also deep cleans your skin, washing off excessive oils and tightening pores. Readmore
- Orange/ Tangerine: Rich in Vitamins C, B, foliate, magnesium, beta-carotene and potassium. It is best for dry and flaking skin. It also contains collagen that slows skin aging process. Readmore
- Banana: Rich source of zinc, iron, magnesium, potassium, and Vitamins A, B and E. Banana works best as an anti-aging agent. Readmore
- Apples: They contain abundant amounts of elastin and collagen that help keep the skin young.
- Papaya: It is rich in antioxidants and contains a special enzyme called papain that can kill dead cells and cure skin impurities. Readmore
- Avocado: Richest source of Vitamin E, with proven anti aging properties. Readmore
In general citrus fruits are great for the skin. So unless allergic, one can mash them up and directly apply on skin to get the best results.
While salons burn a hole in your pockets, home made options require a lot of patience since everything is done from scratch. But if one is ready to invest some time, positive rewards are guaranteed!
Images Source: Shutter Stock, 3, 4