18 Amazing Mustard Oil Benefits For Skin, Hair & Health
Mustard oil has been one of the popular oils right from its inception. Mustard oil has a dark reddish-yellow colour along with a strong aroma. Talking about its taste, it has a pungent and sharp flavour. Mustard was grown in Indian for the first time around 3000 BC. India, Rome, and Greece are some of the countries where the use of mustard oil is quite popular. The first popular mustard oil benefits were for the medicinal uses and then later it became famous for all its other offered benefits.
The scientific name of mustard oil is known as Brassica Juncea. The oil itself is famous with different names in different languages. Here are some of the names of mustard oil which you may find common different languages around the world:
- Hindi: Sarson ka tel
- Bengali: Sarsat tel
- Tamil: Kadugu Ennai
- Telugu: Avanune
- Gujarati: Rainu Tel
- Marathi: Mohariche Tel
- Malayalam: Kadugenna
- Oriya: Sorisha Tela
What Is Mustard Oil?
Mustard oil is the oil which is extracted from the seeds of the mustard plant and this is the purest form of mustard plant benefits. Mustard oil is not like any other oil that you use for cooking and for other use. Rather, it is one of the best oils that you can include in your daily routine for getting the maximum benefits for your hair, health, and skin.
Is Mustard Oil Healthy?
If you are looking for an answer to this question then you should pay close attention to the various benefits of mustard oil for the health, hair, and skin. The vitamin E in mustard oil along with the various other nutrients helps in bringing the best of benefits for the entire body. It is due to the health benefits of mustard oil that the health experts suggest the use of mustard oil during pregnancy as well.
Importance Of Mustard Oil:
Yes, mustard oil is of great importance for the health of its users. If you are concerned with the doubt whether mustard oil is good for health or not, then you should be aware of the various benefits of mustard oil for the face along with the benefits of mustard oil for hair loss.
You can also get the desired idea about the importance of mustard oil by analyzing the various mustard oil medicinal uses which are supported by the recommendations and opinions of many health experts.
See More: How To Make Mustard Oil At Home
Mustard Oil Nutrition Facts:
Are you aware of the mustard oil calories? Do you know what vitamins present in mustard oil make it perfect for getting the benefits of mustard oil for eyes? if not, then it is quite important for you to be aware of the various nutritional facts about mustard oil.
Interested in knowing the various mustard oil nutritional benefits? Here are some of the nutrients and vitamins that are present in mustard oil which makes it perfect to be used for getting its various benefits for hair, skin, and health:
- Calories: 884
- Total Fat: 100 g
- Sodium: 0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate: 0 mg
- Dietary Fiber: 0 mg
- Vitamin A: 0 %
- Calcium: 0 %
- Magnesium: 0 %
- Vitamin C: 0 %
- Iron: 0 %
- Protein: 0 g
The knowledge of these nutritional facts about mustard oil will help the users to set the desired balance between the mustard oil benefits and side effects in the best possible manner. Consult with your health expert once and then start with the adequate dosage of mustard oil in your diet to get the benefits of this amazing oil without any hassles.
Evidence-Based Mustard Oil Benefits:
Don’t we all want a healthy lifestyle and for this, we try a lot many things in terms of exercising and diet? However, many times we fail to get the desired benefits from that chosen method. What if you can get the desired benefits from just the consumption of an ingredient in your daily routine? Yes, we are talking about the benefits of eating mustard oil.
Health Benefits Of Mustard Oil:
Mustard oil is a rich source of all the needed vitamins and minerals that are essential for the body’ s needs. Interested in knowing the health benefits of eating mustard oil? Here are some of the benefits that you can get from mustard oil for your health:
1. Mustard Oil Contains Antibacterial, Anti-fungal and Anti-Inflammatory Properties:
The major reason for using mustard oil for your health benefits is that it is rich with a number of beneficial properties that deliver the desired benefits to the body. Other than the vitamins and minerals present in mustard oil, it is also rich in antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties.
It is due to the richness of mustard oil vitamins and these properties that mustard oil has become so popular amongst the users. So, if you are still in doubt about is mustard good for health then you can trust these essential properties of mustard and then get the desired clarification about your doubt.
2. Promotes Heart Health:
Are you aware of the mustard oil benefits for the heart? If not, then you should try using this oil and make your heart healthy and strong against the various heart-related risks. Mustard oil is rich in mono-saturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids which reduces the risks of heart problems. Along with this, mustard oil is also a rich source of omega 3 and 6 fatty acids which combine with the good fat and reduces the heart risk by 50%.
How To Use:
- To get mustard oil benefits for the heart, cook all your food in mustard oil.
- You can also consume some supplements that contain mustard oil in them.
- With the regular use of mustard oil, you can control the heart problems to the maximum.
2.1 Mustard Oil Lowering Cholesterol Levels:
Mustard oil is very much known for its healthy cholesterol. It has monosaturated omega-3 fatty acid. It is very good for the heart and prevents many heart diseases. It is known for lowering cholesterol levels. Every 100 grams of mustard oil has 0.4 gram of fat in it. This is a very less level of fat for oil, thus enabling you to use it on your daily basis. You can cook and have it without worrying much about your heart or your cholesterol.
3. Prevent Asthma:
Asthma is one of the problems which have no cure on a permanent basis. It can only be controlled by controlling its symptoms as well as effects. You can try the benefits when mustard oil used for a massage along with the various vitamins and minerals available in mustard oil. Mustard oil is known to be an effective way of controlling the symptoms and effects of asthma.
How To Use:
- For getting the mustard oil nutritional benefits, warm some mustard oil and rub it on your chest.
- This will increase the flow of air into the lungs at the time of an asthma attack.
- You can also mix some amount of camphor with mustard oil for controlling the effect and symptoms of asthma.
4. Reduce Cancer Risk:
There have been many types of researches which have positively confirmed the news that mustard oil has strong anti-cancer properties and thus it can be used for treating the problem of cancer. Mustard oil is a rich source of linolenic acid which is popularly known to deliver effective results against the problem of cancer.
This is one of the major health benefits of eating mustard oil which many health experts are now suggesting. The various antioxidants, as well as anti-inflammatory properties of mustard oil, helps in preventing the risk of cancer in the best possible way. Although, you should consult with your health experts before starting with the dosage of mustard oil but there are not any disadvantages of mustard oil to the users.
5. Relieves Cold and Cough:
Have you tried the mustard oil benefits for the cold? Cold and cough are two of the most common problems that most of the people face. However, if these problems are ignored, they can become serious and thus cause a lot of problem for the people. To avoid such problems, you should trust the health benefits of eating mustard oil regularly. The anti-bacterial properties of mustard oil help in reducing the effects of cold and cough and thus bring the maximum relief in the problems.
How To Use:
- The mustard oil delivers the best results when it is combined with garlic and massaged on the chest.
- This clears the chest and thus improves the flow of air through the lungs and nose.
- You can also add some mustard oil in the boiling water for steaming benefits.
- Repeating these activities will bring the desired results within a few days of use.
See More: Advantages Of Mustard Seeds
6. Eases Joint Pain and Arthritis:
If you are looking for what are the benefits of mustard oil, then its popular use is that it eases joint pain as well as the problem of arthritis. Mustard oil is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids which are known to have a positive result in bringing the desired results against the joint pains and arthritis.
How To Use:
- With the regular massage of mustard oil, the blood circulation of the body increases and thus reduces the joint pain as well as the problem of arthritis.
- Make sure that you are using mustard oil for massage use only against the problem of joint pain.
- Heat some mustard oil and then massage on the painful joints to get the benefits of mustard oil body massage for a reduction in the pain.
7. Boosts Brain Function:
One of the major pure mustard oil uses is to enhance and improve the functioning of the brain. The excessive amount of fatty acids available in mustard oil helps in bringing the desired benefits for boosting the brain function. Along with this, it also helps in improving the memory of the users.
Boosting the brain function is also considered as one of the major medicinal uses of mustard oil which helps the brain to grasp the things easier than on average. Also, the anti-bacterial properties of mustard oil bring the desired benefits in reducing the bacterial growth in the brain which may affect its normal functioning. Try these essential mustard oil health benefits and get the required result within no time.
8. Natural Stimulant:
Feeling numbness in any of your body part? If this is so, then we are sure you would have tried a number of remedies for reducing the numbness. But did you get any benefit? If not, then you should try getting the benefits of mustard oil for reducing the numbness of the body part. The antioxidant of mustard oil helps in reducing the numbness of the body part by just massaging the oil on the part.
How To Use:
- This is one of the popular benefits of body massage with mustard oil that you can try.
- You would love the instant results that you will get with the regular and frequent use of mustard oil on the affected area.
9. Boosts Cardiac Health:
Did you ever think that just by consuming oil, you can improve your cardiac health? We know, it is quite hard to believe but it is actually true. Mustard oil has got all the right nutrients which can improve and enhance the cardiac health of its users. Its antioxidants, as well as the anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties, reduce the risk of any cardiac problems.
What are the benefits of mustard oil? To boost cardiac health is one of the answers to this. The vitamin E in mustard oil also helps in improving the health of cardiac functions by targeting just the right problems.
10. Whitens Teeth and Treats Dental Problems:
Have you heard and tried about the mustard oil benefits for teeth? Use mustard oil for bringing the desired results for teeth whitening and the various other dental problems and save most of your money. Mustard oil has many antioxidants as well as anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties which reduces the various dental problems and brings the desired benefits for the problems and their symptoms.
How To Use:
- Mix some mustard oil with salt and turmeric powder and then use this paste for applying on the teeth and gums for reducing the various problems.
- Brush your teeth with this mixture for 2 times in a day for getting the mustard oil benefits for teeth.
11. Increases Body Metabolism:
Other than these effective mustard oil health benefits, it is also known to improve and increase body metabolism. Mustard oil contains all the needed and essential vitamins that provide the desired benefits for improving the metabolism of the body. The regular consumption of mustard oil in the diet can bring the desired results.
How To Use:
- Cook your food in the mustard oil and thus deliver your body with the various antioxidants and mustard oil vitamins which will improve the functioning and performance of the metabolism of the body.
- Make sure that you are regular with the use of mustard oil to get the maximum benefits against the problem of weak metabolism.
Mustard Oil Benefits For Skin:
Moving to the mustard oil benefits for skin, just like your health you can get plenty of benefits from mustard oil for your skin as well. Mustard oil benefits for dry skin are one of the most popular uses of mustard oil that most people are aware of. But are you aware of the various other uses of mustard oil for skin benefits?
Here are some of the benefits that your skin can get with the regular use of mustard oil along with the simple yet effective information on how to use mustard oil for face. Have a look at the following points:
12. Prevents and Treats Skin Rashes:
Out of the various advantages of mustard oil, you can get some advantages for your skin rashes as well. The regular use of mustard oil on the face can help in preventing as well as treating the skin rashes within no time. As we all know that mustard oil has good anti-inflammatory properties which reduce and prevents the skin rashes quite effectively.
This is a popular mustard oil use for skin that most of the people trust on. Along with the anti-inflammatory properties, mustard oil also contains anti-fungal and antibacterial properties which again help in reducing the problems of skin rashes.
How To Use:
- Mix some amount of mustard oil and olive oil and then apply this mixture on the skin for getting the desired results against skin rashes.
See More: Benefits Of Mustard Powder
13. Removes Tan and Dark Spots:
Having a hard time removing tan and dark spots? Try getting the mustard oil benefits for a skin for this problem. The antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties of mustard oil help the skin to reduce dark spots as well as tanning problem quite effectively. You just have to be aware of how to use mustard oil for skin care to get the desired benefits.
How To Use:
- Mix some amount of mustard oil with chickpea flour, yoghurt, and lemon juice and make a paste.
- Now apply this paste on your affected areas on face and body in order to get the required benefits.
- Leave this mixture for 10-15 minutes and then rub for removing it from the body.
- You can also use cold or lukewarm water for cleaning your skin.
- Repeat applying this paste on your face for 3 times in a week to witness effective results.
14. Moisturizes The Lips:
One of the major sarson ka tel benefits is that it can moisturize the lips. The anti-inflammatory properties of mustard oil help in reducing the problems near the lip area and thus bring the desired benefits. Make sure that you are using only pure mustard oil so as to enrich your body with the pure mustard oil benefits.
How To Use:
- You can either apply sarson ka tel directly or can mix it with coconut oil for moisturizing the lips.
- The best time to apply Sarson ka tel on lips is at night when your lips can get enough time to absorb the nutrients and vitamins of the tel.
- Leave it overnight and see your lips getting moisturize within few days. You can also apply mustard oil on your lips whenever you feel the need.
The major benefit of sarson ka tel for skin is to reduce the early signs of ageing. You can rely on the various sarson ka tel benefits for the signs of ageing on your skin. The use of pure mustard oil benefits the reduction of these signs of ageing and thus makes your skin youthful and smooth.
Thanks to the various antioxidants and the excess amount of vitamin E present in mustard oil, it proves to be quite effective with its benefits. This is one of the major mustard oil uses for the skin for getting the benefits of sarson ka tel for the skin.
How To Use:
- If you are not aware of how to use mustard oil for skin, then you can mix some of the mustard oil with yoghurt, honey, aloe vera gel, and essential oils and then apply this mixture on your skin.
These are some of the popular mustard oil benefits for face that you can use. So, when are you planning to get this pure mustard oil uses for yourself?
Mustard Oil Benefits For Hair:
Are you aware of how to use mustard oil for hair? Yes, mustard oil can be used for hair and they also are beneficial for them. There are a lot of mustard oil benefits for hair that you can get with the regular use and application of mustard oil on the hair and scalp.
Interested in knowing the various mustard oil uses for hair along with the mustard oil benefits for hair? If yes, then here are some of the points that can answer what the benefits of mustard oil for hair are.
16. Promotes Hair Growth:
One of the major mustard oil uses for hair is hair growth. With the regular application of mustard oil on your hair, you can get the benefits of mustard oil for hair growth. Mustard oil improves the blood circulation in the scalp and thus facilitates the process of hair growth. Mustard oil contains protein and omega-3 fatty acids which both are beneficial for consistent growth of the hair.
How To Use:
- If you are looking for what are the benefits of mustard oil for hair growth, then the regular massage of this oil on the scalp and hair will give them the needed nourishment.
- Warm a little of mustard oil and then massage it on your scalp and hair.
- Leave your hair with the oil for overnight or for 3-4 hours and then wash and condition your hair like regular.
- Within a few days, you can witness the sarson ka tel benefits for hair.
17. Prevents Premature Graying:
The various vitamins and minerals of mustard oil are also known to prevent the premature greying of the hair. The daily use of mustard oil for hair will slow down the process of hair greying and thus will help in improving the hair quality as well as making them thick and beautiful. Start now and use sarson ka tel for hair to keep your hair black and reducing the early signs of hair greying. This is one of the best benefits of mustard oil for grey hair.
How To Use:
- If you are aware of how to use mustard oil for hair growth, you can use the same procedure to reduce the early greying of the hair.
- Apply the mustard oil on your hair and scalp and then massage your scalp with the same for some time.
- Leave the oil mask for overnight or for about 4-5 hours and then wash off your hair with normal water.
18. Gets Rid Of Dandruff and Itchy Scalp:
If you are facing troubles with dandruff as well as itchy scalp, then also you can get the mustard oil benefits for hair and skin. Mustard oil has antibacterial as well as antifungal properties which help in reducing the problem of dandruff as well as scalp itchiness. This proves that sarson ka tel was good for hair and can be used on a daily basis.
How To Use:
- Take equal amount of mustard oil and coconut oil and mix them along with warming it a little.
- Massage your hair and scalp with this mixture and then leave for about 40 minutes, if suitable you can also leave the oil for overnight.
- Then wash and condition your hair like normal.
- Repeat applying this oil mixture twice a week for getting rid of dandruff.
Can mustard oil be used for hair? Well, now we are sure you have got all the answers regarding your concern or can we use mustard oil for hair.
How To Use Mustard Oil For Cooking?
To get the maximum advantages of mustard oil, you should be aware of how to use mustard oil for cooking. Yes, mustard oil benefits in cooking as it contains various amounts of nutrients and vitamins which are beneficial for the body. Thus, the simple answer to can mustard oil be used for cooking, is yes, it can be used.
For using the mustard oil uses in cooking, you can make use of the sealed mustard oil bottles available in the market, as well as, you can use homemade mustard oil. The various uses of mustard oil in cooking include:
- Cooking vegetables
- Preservative in pickles
- Making chutneys
- As a flavouring agent, etc.
Thus, the next time when you need an answer to can we use mustard oil for cooking, be sure of these various ways in which mustard oil can be used for cooking.
See More: Mustard Oil Side Effects
These are the various mustard oil benefits that you can get with the regular use of mustard oil in any form possible. Keep in mind the various uses of mustard oil to enrich your body with them with minimal efforts. Getting the necessary knowledge about which mustard oil is good for health will brief you with the details and information related to how good is mustard oil for health.
If you still have any doubts regarding the mustard oil benefits, then please do comment them below. We will get back to you with the most relevant and accurate information regarding your concern so that you can get the desired mustard oil benefits.