Top 9 GM Diet Soup Recipes To Try
Before we learn about the GM diet Soup recipes, let us do a quick recap of the program, The GM Diet Program is a crash diet plan that focuses on healthy and clean eating. Span across 7 days, the plan is to dedicate each day to foods of a specific food group. During the first 3 days, you will eat fruits, vegetables and mix of both respectively. However, from Day 4, you will start eating some solid food. The GM diet soup is an important element in this diet and must be had at least 2-3 days a day. Instead of sticking to the regular method, you can now move your diet more interesting by learning some of these unique General Motors Diet recipes.
Benefits Of GM Diet Soup Recipes:
The Gm diet soup is a low-calorie food which can be consumed in unlimited quantities. Not only does it keep you full for long, but also boosts your energy levels. These recipes shown below make use of the recommended vegetables to make your mealtime delicious and nutritious. Along with offering dietary fibre, these recipes also provide the required nutrients to the body. Now let us learn how to make GM diet soup in various versions.
Best GM Diet Soup Recipes:
Here below are given top 9 gm diet soup recipes which you can have during your gm diet days (starting from day 4).
See More: 7 Days GM Diet Plan
1. Wonder Soup Or GM Diet Cabbage Soup Recipe:
This tangy, tasty GM Diet Vegetable soup recipe is loaded with flavours. It offers low calories and high nutrition with each serving. It can be had as many times as you want in a day to keep you going. The GM diet cabbage soup also has low sodium levels, so you can indulge in guilt-free eating to cure your hunger pangs!
- 6 large onions
- Green Peppers – 2
- Tomatoes – 3
- Cabbage – 1
- Celery – 1 bunch
- Water – 22 oz of water
Time To Prepare: 1 Hour
- Chop or cut up the onions and green pepper as you want to intake them and lightly sauté them with olive oil till they turn a light brown.
- Next step is that you take all the celery, tomatoes and cabbage, Chop them all and add everything to a large container with water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook it till everything is tender. You will need to cook this for 60 min.
- You may Add a bit of salt, dried herbs or spices and pepper for seasoning.
2. Chicken Soup:
The chicken soup definitely stirs your soul. This low calorie, protein-rich soup is all you need on an otherwise dull day! Chicken soup can be extremely delighted to have amidst fruits and vegetables and can also cure your non-veg cravings. It also does plenty of good for your body!
- 500 chicken broth.
- 200 g chopped tomatoes,
- 100 g chicken leftovers.
- 1 stalk of celery.
- 1 medium onion or half a big onion.
- 1 clove crushed garlic,
- 1 medium sliced carrot,
- 2 tsp of virgin olive oil(extra).
- Salt and pepper and mixed herbs to taste.
Time To Prepare: 60 Minutes.
- Heat the pan add oil in, then sauté onion, celery, garlic and carrot until brown. Add the broth mixture and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the veggies (tomatoes, chicken stock, and seasoning). Then add the chicken.
- Simmer it for 30 minutes. Now you may Add water if mixture becomes frothy.
3. Tofu Soup:
If you are vegetarian but don’t want to miss out on your protein levels, you must try this super delicious Tofu soup. The Asian inspired recipe can tickle your taste buds, without compromising on your diet rules. However, limit your soy sauce intake to keep the sodium levels in check!
- 1 pound light extra-firm tofu (cut up),
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce, and.
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil;
Time To Prepare: 30 minutes.
- Combine around 3 times 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth and one 10.5-ounce can condense vegetarian vegetable soup with one 10-ounce package frozen chopped broccoli and at last 2 ounces dried noodles; bring all these ingredients to boil.
- Simmer it and cover for 5 minutes.
- At last, Add tofu mixture and continue heating.
4. Shrimp Egg Soup:
The Shrimp egg soup is a great immunity booster. Loaded with the flavours of fresh shrimp, this soup is a seafood lover’s delight. It has a delicate sweetness with a hint of spice from the Ginger. Adding mushrooms can increase its protein levels, along with offering something chewy to eat.
- 1 cup sliced Mushrooms.
- 3 into 1/2 cup chicken broth.
- Soy sauce.
Time To Prepare: 40 Minutes.
- You will have to Sauté 1 cup sliced mushrooms in 1 tablespoon canola oil.
- Now Add 3 into 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth, 1/4 cup rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 teaspoon each sugar and grated ginger; and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup each pea and shredded carrots. Mix with 1 tablespoon cornstarch and cold water; add to the mixture.
- Beat in 1 egg in the mixture and simmer till cooked.
See More: Gm Diet Wonder Soup Recipe
5. Vegetable Beef Barley:
Beef is the original animal protein suggested in the GM diet. You can incorporate it in the form of a soup. Combining this meaty soup with vegetables and dried herbs makes it a delectable dish. Adding Barley makes it a perfect weight loss soup, along with giving you a semi-solid dish.
- Vegetable oil.
- Chopped onion, celery,
- Garlic Cloves.
Time To Prepare: 1 Hour.
- Take 12 ounces of lean beef and sauté in 1 tablespoon vegetable oil.
- Add 4 of cups low-sodium beef broth, 1 cup chopped onion, 1/2 cup chopped celery, oregano, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 2 minced garlic cloves.
- Cover the mixture and simmer it for 1 hour!
- Now Add 1 cup frozen veggies, 1 diced tomato, and 1/2 cup quick-cooking barley. Cover the same and simmer it for 15 minutes.
6. Spinach & Pesto Meatball:
This is a popular Italian soup recipe, which combines the goodness of Spinach with the deliciousness of meatballs. It contains the freshness of Basil pesto which is very healthy to your body. Spinach is loaded with nutrition too, making it one of the most preferred soup varieties.
- Meatballs (Italian style).
- Baby spinach.
- You may shred with cheese at last.
Time To Prepare: 1 Hour.
- Combine one-half of a 16-ounce frozen Italian-style meatball, two 14.5-ounce of diced tomatoes preferably with Italian herbs, one 15-ounce can bean, 1/2 cup of water, and 1/4 cup low fat basil pesto.
- Bring all the above quantities to a boil, cover, and simmer the same for 10 minutes.
- Stir it in 2 cups baby spinach and a 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese.
7. Tomato & Turkey Soup:
Tomato and turkey soup is a hearty dish that is best served warm. It reminds us of the cold winter days and gives us nostalgia. The soup is loaded with protein and other key nutrients to keep you light, yet energetic the whole day. It is also one of the best low-calorie General Motors diet soups.
- Chicken broth
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced onions, garlic
- Turkey breast
Time To Prepare: 25 Minutes
- Take about 3 into 1/2 cups chicken broth, 2 cans of some diced tomatoes with onions and garlic, and pepper.
- Cover the ingredients and simmer it for around 10 minutes; add 2 cups of chopped smoked turkey breast. Heat enough to boil!
- Add 1 tablespoon snipped fresh cilantro.
8. Cajun Fish soup:
This flavourful fish soup can leave you mesmerised with its spicy Cajun seasoning. It is a light broth that can be had throughout the day, without worrying about calories. It is rich in protein that comes from the chicken broth and omega acids from the fish. This warm and comforting soup is your best bet when it comes to offering complete nutrition.
- Some veggies of your choice
- Chicken broth
- Cajun seasoning
Time to prepare: 45 minutes
Serves: 5 to 6 people
- Combine 4 cups of veggies and stir-fry them.
- Then take 4-cups of reduced-sodium chicken broth, and 2 teaspoons of Cajun seasoning; bring all the ingredients to a boil.
- Cover and simmer them for 4 minutes.
- Add 12 ounces thickly sliced tilapia and 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- Cover again and simmer 3 minutes.
See More: Gm Diet Salad Recipes
9. Chunky White Bean Chicken Soup:
This is a high protein soup that combines the goodness of legumes, chicken, turkey and other ingredients. Not only is it easy to prepare, but also offers numerous benefits to your body. However, white beans may lead to flatulence and bloating when had in excess quantities.
You Will Need:
- Turkey breast
- Olive oil
- Chopped onion
- White Beans
- Green salsa
- Chicken broth
Time To Prepare: 45 minutes
- Sauté the ingredients( 12 ounces low fat or lean ground turkey breast and 1 chopped onion in 1 tablespoon olive oil) drain fat!
- Add two 15-ounce cans beans with one 16-ounce jar green salsa, 1 into 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth, and 1 into 1/2 teaspoons cumin.
- Simmer the mixture and cover for 15 minutes.
Those are some of the best tried and tested GM diet soup recipes. You can also experiment with your own versions by mixing different ingredients together, as long as you don’t go against the basic GM diet norms. These soups can be had even after your diet program, as a healthy way to snack or as meal replacement broths. If you have tried any of these gm soup recipes or have your own creations, do share your experiences and recipes with us!