Arunachal Pradesh is located in the north-eastern part of India and is famous for its natural delights. Every year thousands of visitors do visit this place. Surrounded by India’s three neighbouring countries-Bhutan, China and Myanmar it is mostly sparsely populated state.
Who does not want to visit a place with soothing climate, hospitable people, and snowy mist, some of world’s famous monasteries, placid lakes, picturesque mountains and foothills of Himalayas after the tough life of the populated cities?
Places to visit in Arunachal Pradesh:-
- Being the centre of the Buddhist monitories and the headquarter of Tawang district it is the land with centuries-old monasteries. The Rocky Mountains, hundred pristine lakes, snow-capped summits, Dragon gates and numerous waterfalls is where the true beauty lies.
- It can be also called the treasure of arunachal pradesh.
- Tawang monasteries are Asia’s second largest monastery and controls 17 gumphas (Buddhist monasteries) which are 400 years old. Tawang, the land of the Monpa and Sherdukpen tribes the Tibetan influence here is prevalent. The famous Torgva festival is held here during Dec-Jan. As per the Buddhist Calendar the eleventh Monpa month called the Dawa Chukchipah .
There is 8 meter high statue of Lord Buddha. Prayer flags are hoisted outside even that is a wonderful view to watch.
- The World’s Second highest Pass, the Sela Pass lies on the way to Tawang. At 4,125 meter, which runs through a small ridge and along a placid lake called the Paradise Lake? It is the highest pass of the state of Arunachal Pradesh and also the third highest of the world.
- Pakang Teng Tso Lake, the placid lake lies at about 17km from Tawang and amazing viewof vegetation.
- The birth place of Tsangyang Gyasto, Urgelling Monastery, and the sixth Dalai Lama of a Monpa Mother is situated at a distance of 5km from Tawang.
This place offers amazing view of snow clad mountains, wild orchids, Himalayan landscapes, luring waterfalls. Being the headquarters of West Kameng district located at the height of 8500 ft above the sea level. The Bomdila monastery is a replica of the Tsona Gontse monastery located in Tibet. The Bomdila monastery also happens to be known as the Gentse Gaden Rabgyel Lling monastery and was erected by Tsona Gontse Riponche. Beside these there is also the Ethnographic Museum. Over many centuries there have been strong Tibetan and Buddhist influences.
- Dirang, situated in between Bomdila and Tawang.Apple orchards, yak breeding farms are for what it is famous for.
- A few kilometres from Dirang a hot springs where people go for a holy dip to wash away sins and diseases.
- Tipi is Asia’s largest orchidarium. Surrounded by evergreen forest, it has more than 500 species of orchids. The Orchid centre on the bank of river Bharali. The hot spring, a big orchid garden is the treasure of the place.
- Jia-bharali River passing lies on the way to Bomdila and is the gateway to Arunachal Pradesh, from the south west.
- Bhalukpong lies at 64km from Tezpur on the foot of Aka Hills are a beautiful picnic spot. And was the capital of Bhaluka, the grandson of King Bana.
The land of the dawn lit mountains’ is the capital city of north eastern state Arunachal Pradesh. It is located to the east of Tawang and has been recognized with Mayapur, a city of 14th-15th century A.D. A modern settlement built very closely of the ruins of a medieval capital. It comes administratively under Papum Pare district. However, Itanagar can be called as mini India, as people from all over the country, live here in harmony. Regular Helicopter service is available from Guwahati to Naharlagun (Itanagar).Travelaholics from across the country visit this place to explore its natural beauty.
Naharlagun, known as twin town of Itanagar, is situated at a distance of 10km from Itanagar. It consists of Zoo, Craft Centre, and Polo Park.
Surrounded by mountains covered with pine it is the home of Apatani tribes. It has been a favorite town for World Heritage Site for many years. It is located about 167 kms from Itanagar. The fresh breeze, Pine Bamboo groves, indigenous method of rice cultivation, just blows the mind and make you feel relieve. This place also happens to be an Anthropologist’s delight.
Talley Valley Wild life Sanctuary, is the natural botanical garden. The Sanctuary consists of many exotic orchids. It is the home of the cross breed of Wild Gaur (mithun) shy type of animal.
Tarin Fishing Farm is the high altitude fishing seed farm at Tarin, and is famous for Paddy and Fish culture.
Situated at the point of flowing two rivers, Sippi and Subansiri, it is the largest village town. A bit congested but to see here are the local people and the bridges made from bamboo and cane by the locals.
The historical Malinithan Temple can be seen on the way to along. The Legendary Akashi Ganga, a point from where people can witness the Brahmaputra and its tributaries. Cross breeding farm at Kamki of Mithun and Jersey can be seen.
See More: Tourist Place In Rajasthan
Situated on the right bank of river Siang (name of river Brahmaputra in Arunachal Pradesh), it is the Headquarters of East Siang district. Dr. D. Ering Wildlife Sanctuary where wild buffalos, tigers, samber deer and wild ducks is a must watch. The Brahmaputra Darshan, festival has become a bi-annual fest.
The wildlife which we can witness in this state cannot be seen in any part of India. Animals like Red Panda, Himalayan Black Bear and Goral. Birds like White Winged Wood Duck, Bengal Florican, Temmincks Tragopan, Mishmi Wren and Sclater’s Monal etc.. Can be seen here. The state is very rich in flora and fauna.
See More: Ahmedabad Tourist Places
- Dr. D. Ering Memorial Wildlife Sanctuary, Pasighat
- Mehao Wildlife Sanctuary, Roing
- Pakhui Wildlife Sanctuary, Seijosa
- Eagle Nest Wildlife Sanctuary, Seijosa
- Itanagar Wild life Sanctuary, Naharlagun
- Kamlang Wildlife Sanctuary, Miao
- Kane Wildlife Sanctuary, Along
- Namdhapa National Park (Tiger Project), Miao
- Sessa Orchid Sanctuary, Tip
- Mouling National Park, Jengging
- Dihang-Debang Biosphere Reserve, Dibang Valley
See More: Places To Visit In Gujrat
People who love adventure must experience these:
Rafting Brahmaputra is counted as one of the best rivers for rafting in world. This river gives an amazing and exciting, life time memorable rafting expedition experience into North-East part of India. The Tsang Po River flows in the east side of Tibet, passing through great Himalayan.
- Subansari River Rafting Subansari River is also known as the “Gold River”. This river is the biggest tributary of the Brahmaputra River.
- Kameng River Rafting: This River was known as the Bhareli River, before it got renamed to Kameng. This is one of most challenging river for the river rafting in India.
- The travellers should try these authentic foods: Momo is made by stuffing minced Pork and Onions into a dough and then steamed in a three layer steamer, or fried. The Thupka is a soup filled with noodles, minced meat, and vegetables, also known as Der Thuk.Zan is the staple dish of the Monpa tribes,Khura is a pancake,Gyapa Khazi
- Arunachal Pradesh is the safest state in north east India. The people of Arunachal Pradesh are not very religious. They are very friendly and ready to help you.