Best Indian Diet Chart For Weight Loss : Veg, Non-Veg & South Beach
Obesity and weight problems are faced by everyone today. From children to adult no one is away from the clutches of obesity. Obesity leads to various unfavourable situations in life both physical and internal. Dieting has always been the key to lose pounds and attain a good fit body. What we need to do is prepare a diet chart and follow it religiously without breaking the norms. If you break the norms of the diet chart then you will never be able to achieve the desired results you are looking for. Today we are going to discuss an best Indian diet chart for weight loss. Let’s have a look into them.
Indian foods are of contrasting nature in themselves. They are rich in vitamins, proteins and other nutrients and at the same time are considered for its fat content. So while preparing an Indian diet chart one should be rather careful about the fat and carb contents of the food. For that one should have proper knowledge about the foods and the nutritional information should also be known.
Dieting is said to be an important part of the weight loss process. Various diet plans have their own effect on the body giving appropriate results. A balanced diet is a key to success. A balanced diet ranger from grains to fruits to vegetable to dairy products to eggs and meats.
See More: Diet To Lose Weight Fast
Indian Diet Chart For Weight Loss:
Here we enlisted, the best Indian diet chart for weight loss. Let’s have a look into them.
As Indians believe in heavy breakfast Indian foods, provides a whole lot of tasty products you are going to love. You can consume a multi-grain or brown bread toast along with egg whites or omelettes. If you love south Indian you can even consume 2 idlis with sambar.
Do not eat the coconut chutney as it is very fattening. Avoid the intake of heavy food items which will lead to proper digestion of the food by the time next mid snack time arrives.
2. Mid Snacks:
One cup of yoghurt along with cut apples. This is a very healthy option and fills up the stomach to the brim. Nuts like walnut and almond can also be consumed as they are very healthy. Apart from this one can also intake one fruit excluding grapes, mango, litchi etc which are rich in fats and carbohydrates.
Lunch should have variety as variety is the spice of life. Indians believe in this slogan die heartedly. 2 to 3 Rotis without ghee, one cup of green veggies, one bowl dal and one bowl chicken curry. As dal and chicken contains a lot of protein one should always consume them without fail. Rice should not be consumed due to the fat content and the fact that it makes you feel really sleepy which makes you inactive at the end of the day.
4. Afternoon Snacks:
You can always indulge in sandwiches but make sure the bread is brown and no extra add-ons like cheese mayonnaise and various sauces available in the market. Bean sprout salad can also be consumed as it is healthy and contains less fat. It’s a yummy tummy dish.
Very light dinner should be consumed as at night we hardly indulge in any sorts of activities. The low carb should be the focus. You can consume boiled soya bean with boiled veggies and some fruits as well. You can have one hungry if the above does not suffice. One should try eating less at night Initially the body reacts and we have problems in adjusting to less food and gradually the body gets used to it completely. We are what we eat.
See More: Diet Tips To Lose Weight
At night one should consume a glass of milk with few nuts or fruits. Many people consider milk to be fattening and keep away from it while dieting. But good fat is also required by the body to function well. Skimmed milk or soy milk can be chosen over normal milk as they have very low-fat content and high in calcium and vitamin D which is very essential for the body.
Indian Vegetarian Diet Plan For Weight Loss:
This diet plan is carried out for seven days. It was initially carried out by a company named General Motors Inc for the benefit of their workers. Hence it is also called the GM Diet Plan. This plan not only helps you to decrease your weight but also to a slim and healthy body. The plan also includes various fruits and vegetables which help to increase the metabolism in your body. In order to follow this method, the Indian diet chart for weight loss for this method is as follows;
- This would be a tough day as you would be allowed to consume only fruits except for grapes, bananas, litchis and mangoes.
- The second day of the Indian diet plan for weight loss would be of only vegetables.
- You can consume them raw or boiled as per your choice.
- This would increase fibres and nutrients and decrease calories.
- This day of the Indian weight loss diet would be a combination of day 1 and 2.
- You can consume any fruits or vegetables but excluding potatoes.
- You will also have to increase your intake of water.
- This day would include 6 bananas, 4 glasses of milk and soups.
- Bananas here will help you maintain potassium and sodium in your body.
- The soup made should include tomatoes, garlic, onion and capsicums.
- This day of diet for weight loss India includes the intake of tomatoes, sprouts, paneer and soya.
- You can make soup out of it and have it using a maximum of 6 tomatoes.
- Do remember to increase the intake of water today.
- This day will allow you to have paneer, sprouts and vegetables but not tomatoes.
- You can make soup out of it and include water in the large amount.
- The vegetables will increase the fibre and vitamins necessary for your body.
- This last day would be a boon for you. On this day you might have started feeling the change in you.
- This day of the Indian diet chart for weight loss include fresh juice, a cup of brown rice which can be replaced with half chapatti and vegetables.
- You also need to concentrate on the amount of water intake.
Few Best Tips:
- Along with this chart, one needs to take other precautions also like avoiding the intake of alcohol. Alcohol, in this case, can be replaced with black coffee, black tea or lemon water but excluding sugar in any of them.
- A 45-minute workout or morning walk is also suggested along with the diet chart. This is said to be the best weight loss diet plan for Indian women as they require something to eat in between after her duties towards her home.
- Salads can also be taken off the veggie day with lemon, herbs, garlic or wine vinegar. Along with few exercises and walk this diet chart would help you decrease up to 5-8 kgs of your weight.
See More: Daily Meal Plan For Weight Loss
South Beach Indian Diet Chart For Weight Loss:
This safe diet for weight loss India is highly recommended by the doctors due to its successful results worldwide.
This Diet Chart Gives You 3 Benefits:
- The first is that you are allowed to eat various low-calorie foods to fill your tummy.
- Secondly, it works on your cravings and gives you successful results in 14 days.
- And lastly, you can carry out this diet lifetime. It provides you with a flexible diet and is mostly recommended to heart patients. Following is a glance to follow the diet.
- In this phase of the Indian diet to lose weight, you have to intake food rich in proteins.
- You can include fats like virgin olive oil, avocado and canola oil.
- Vegetables like tomatoes, brinjal, spinach and broccoli are allowed.
- Note: The first phase would exclude the intake of fruits, juices, alcohol, dairy products and starchy food.
- This phase of the Indian diet plan for weight loss includes the intake of fruits rich in fibre like apples, whole grain bread or rice, wheat pasta and sweet potatoes.
- Make sure you consume a proper amount of water that is approximately 6-7 glasses minimum.
- Till the time you rich the third phase, you have come to know what to have and in what quantity.
- Hence, the third phase is said to be the maintaining phase. All you need to do in this phase is to maintain the weight loss.
- Once you fail to continue with phase 3 you will have to start again with phase 1 to remove the stubborn unwanted weight from your body.
Points To Be Remembered:
- Increase the intake of fruits and vegetables rich in fibre and vitamins excluding those which increase fats and carbohydrates.
- Limit the consumption of coffee, tea, alcohol, refined sugar etc. If necessary have tea and coffee with meals only.
- Have a habit of having healthy breakfast Every-day. Include cereals, whole grain oats, dahi or porridge etc. in your breakfast.
- Increase the intake of water up to 8-10 glasses per day. You can also have lime water without sugar and coconut water.
- Do not have many gaps between the meals you take. Make sure you have something to eat after every 3 hours.
- Avoid starving as it leads to a negative effect on your health.
- Have your dinner at least 2-3 hours before you go to bed.
- Decrease the intake of calorie-rich food items such as cakes, chocolates, sweets, fried food etc.
- Consume healthy snacks at a regular interval such as fruits, dry fruits, dahi, whole grain eatables, rice cakes etc.
- Have 45 minutes work out or walk. Give proper exercise as well as rest to your body.
- Avoid food rich in fat. Remove the fat from your diet such as meat, sausages and burgers etc.
There are many Indian diet charts for weight loss available to decrease your weight. Apart from all these, the Atkins diet and the Paleo diet are also effective for removing the unwanted weight in your body. All have their own pros and cons hence one should be careful while selecting a diet plan and remain strict in following it.
Let us know if you still have any doubts or concern about the Indian diet chart for weight loss. We would love to assist you with the best solutions and answers.