The Anatomy of Yoga
Nowadays leading a healthy balanced life is quite difficult. With the rave for weight loss and the need for a healthier lifestyle people tend to look forward to a more commercial or artificial means of medication. What they are unaware of is that yoga is an ancient art and is the most effective for a variety of ailments if carried out effectively. Yoga has recently become a widespread activity all around the world to stay fit and healthy and since it has been a constant practice for many years now people find it easy to understand and beneficial to carry out. Take a look at some of the best yoga anatomy techniques:
The Ten Best yoga Techniques are:-
Here are the 10 best Anatomy of yoga techniques that you can lead a healthy balanced life.
Kapalbhati has been introduced by baba Ramdev and is very popular amongst many people. It is often the warm up for pranayama. Kapalbhati means ‘skull shining breath’ and is energizing and purifying. It helps you get rid of a lot of ailments with time.
This pranayama is done to provide enough and the necessary amount of oxygen throughout your body. It is an effective technique when used to treat ailments such as asthma. It is a vital breathing technique and if used effectively can be of great help to a person’s body. In this technique a person must sit comfortably with one leg crossed over the other in padmasana.
- Take normal breaths and relax.
- After about periodic breathing take a deep breath so that your lungs are filled with air. Then breathe out hard through your nose.
- Repeat this 5-10 times daily for effective results.
Anulom Vilom Pranayama:
This breathing technique is also known as alternate nostril breathing. This exercise must be suitably done in fresh air before breakfast. However if the person wishing to carry out such practice is pregnant or is having periods then it is advisable not to do the technique.
For This Technique One Must:
- Sit with your legs crossed on a mat and relax all your body muscles and keep your eyes closed.
- Now press the right nostril with the thumb of your right hand and breathe in through the left nostril.
- Count until 5 to retain the breath.
Repeat some 10-15 rounds more.
This is a highly complex but effective technique of breathing where all the muscles in your body are put into action to give necessary results. If this exercise is carried out daily the person will have seemingly suffer less with breathing problems and stamina will increase double-fold. It is known to calm the mind. It has been accredited as the best breathing exercise to relax and clear your mind of frustration and also to get rid of anger.
- This technique must be carried out as follows- straighten your spine and relax. Then with your thumbs close both your ears.
- Use your middle finger of both hands to press gently on your closed eyes.
- With your index fingers press down on your temple slightly place the ring finger on your nose and breathe gently.
- Continue this for five to ten minutes in succession.
See More: Yoga For Shoulder Pain Relief
There are twelve effective steps in Surya namaskar. Each of these done with periodic breathing can help in increasing metabolism and helps in leading a healthier lifestyle. Surya namaskar is a series of powerful exercise that is the best way to stay fit.
Seated Spinal Twist:
This is most probably one of the difficult techniques and must be carried out with care and knowledge of the technique. If you are new to yoga consult a professional in carrying out this technique.
If the pose shown in the picture given below is successfully carried out along with periodic breathing with short bursts of inhalation and exhalation then it is extremely effective.
See More: Yoga For Eyes To Improve Vision
In this position one gets utmost circulation of blood throughout the body thus increasing blood flow thus increasing stamina. Metabolism is also increased helping in weight loss and increase in appetite for a sick person.
This position is extremely effective for the people that are suffering from stress or anxiety. If carried out properly then it is an ideal stress buster. Today many people suffer with stress on a daily basis. This will help you reducing such stress so that you can lead a healthier lifestyle. Breathing is the most important factor here. If the breathing sequence is carried out periodically for a stretch 10-15 minutes effectively then it is an ideal position.
See More: Benefits Of Surya Namaskar
The Calming Poses Of The Cow And Cat:
The calming poses of the cow and cat must be used together. One in succession of the other.
Anatomy yoga poses now come in handy for you in the form of yoga anatomy books. Take a look at some of the best books you can rely on.
- The key muscles of yoga: Authored by Ray Long, the book is helpful with images and easy description. It is an ideal reference book.
- Functional anatomy of yoga: Authored by David Keil, is meant for those who are familiar with some basics of the yoga. The book will make sense and is a treasure house of knowledge for those seeking to practice and deepen your understanding of yoga.
Yoga books are plenty in number. If you are looking to sharpen your knowledge on yoga, the market has a lot of good books to start with. Yoga anatomie is a new sphere of healthy life that is shaping up. Each of the yoga has different targets in the body and they are thus known to keep you healthy and better. Start today. Live healthy.
Images Source: Shutter stock, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9.