Rajakapotasana (Pigeon Pose) – How to Do and Their Benefits
Yoga asanas could be polished by everybody regardless of their well being and age. Yoga postures have been isolated into essential/ amateurs’, middle and progressed sorts. Individuals hone asanas as per their yoga levels. Rehearsing yoga consistently helps in you in staying fit and restored.
Rajakapotasana is otherwise called ‘king pigeon posture’. It contrasts a bit from the pigeon posture in yoga. This asana has its name inferred from the Sanskrit term “raja” which signifies ‘ruler’, “kapota” which signifies “pigeon” and “asana” which signifies “stance” or ‘carriage’.
Rajakapotasana can likewise be arranged under extraordinary back bend postures and is frequently ordered under progressive type of yoga asanas. This article not only provides you with a step by step guide to practice this pose with precision but also lists the various benefits, variations, precautions and tips associated with Rajakapotasana Pose.
See More: Locust Pose Benefits
How to Do Rajakapotasana and Its Benefits:
1. The Pose:
- To start this stance, you ought to first come to Adho Mukha Shvanasana (Downward Facing Dog). At that point, present your right knee so it rests behind your right wrist.
- Next, curve your right knee and smooth it on the ground, so that your knee touches your right hand, and your toes touch your left hand. In the meantime bring the left leg down on the ground.
- Let your lower back extend by presenting your tailbone forward and down so that your pubis is pulled to your navel. The left half of your hip ought to come towards your right heel so that the left crotch is extended.
- Twist your left knee and with your left hand scope for your left foot.
- Bring your head over till the sole of your feet touches the highest point of your head or is near it. Stay in this position for about a few minutes.
See More: Salamba Sirsasana
- It helps in extending the neck, shoulders, midsection, crotch, guts and thighs.
- It helps in invigorating the organs of the guts.
- It is compelling in opening the midsection and shoulders.
- Helpful Applications :
a) Standard practice of this stance is said to prove successful in the treatment and administration of urinary issue.
b) Since the posture gives a profound inner rub to the stomach organs, it helps in enhancing absorption and vitalizing the invulnerable framework.
Maintain distance from this posture on the off chance that you are experiencing sacroiliac harm, lower leg damage, knee damage, and tight thighs or hips. This back bend is truly an extreme back bend and only accomplished experts ought to endeavor it.
See More: Salamba Sarvangasana Benefits
4. Beginner’s Tip:
Amid the beginning stages, understudies are not ready to clutch the foot specifically with their hands. To counter this issue, a great beginner’s tip for this stance is that you could make utilization of a strap to hold your foot. It can likewise be troublesome on occasion to bring the external piece of the front-leg hip to the ground. To take care of this issue you could utilize a blanket that is thickly collapsed under the hip to give help. You could additionally ask someone else to help you lift your arms.
- One of the more helpful varieties for One-Legged King Pigeon Pose is to let your middle curve over your front shin. Bring your arms to extend forward along the yoga mat. Let your brow rest by keeping it on a yoga square, collapsed blanket, or on the hands. Your front leg ought to tolerate the weight of your body.
- An alternate variety is to bring the front leg to stretch out, as in a part. This variety may be more troublesome for the individuals who are not as adaptable and are not able to do a general split.