8 Famous Honeymoon Places in Kashmir with Pictures
Kashmir is a Paradise in India. It is amazingly beautiful and is beyond the human words of expression. It is blessed with natural beauty, snow capped mountains, waterfalls, lakes and other interesting places that would show the heritage and culture of the country. It is an ideal place for honeymoon because of the eye pleasing locations and a pleasantly cold weather. Kashmir is known to be one of the most stunning honeymoon locations in India. Kashmir has a lot in store for lovebirds. Couples can explore cities and spend a romantic vacation. From sipping on Kahwah to mushy conversations on Shikaras, there is a lot to do in Kashmir. Below is a list of famous Honeymoon Places in Kashmir with pictures.
Honeymoon Places in Kashmir with Details:
Srinagar is the capital city of Jammu and Kashmir. It has numerous lakes, rivers and mountains covered with snow. The Dal Lake is one very famous and demanded place for honeymooners; they can even rent beautiful houseboats. Shalimar Baugh is a beautiful monument with designs, architecture and sculptures. Hari Parbat, Hazratbal Mosque is two more places to visit. The most romantic time to visit would be during snow.
- Romantic Things to Do: Couples can enjoy a calming and serene Shikara ride for dive into the beauty of Dal Lake which is surrounded with mountains. The lush green and beautiful valleys in the city are a must visit. You can also visit the old part of this city and get take back memories of its rich culture. It is an ideal honeymoon spot for couples.
- How to Reach: Named Sheikh Ul Alam airport is a well-structured international airport in Srinagar. If you’re planning to go by rail, you will have to reach either Jammu Tawi or Udhampur railway stations. You can hire taxis from the station to reach your destination.
- Where to Stay: Lalchowk is known to be the heart of the city and has numerous hotels to stay in. You can conveniently book a five-star or humble property for a good stay.
- Best Time to Visit: If you want to admire the blossoming beauty of this city, April to October would be the best time to visit.
- Precautions and Other Attractions: Make sure you carry warm clothes if you’re not planning to visit the city in the suggested duration. House boats on Dal Lake can make for a comfortable and peaceful stay!
Ladakh lies in the Kunlun mountain range in the north and the Himalaya Range in the south. This is a place with very less population and that’s why it is suitable for couples who like to spend their times alone. There are many monasteries to be visited like Hemis, Thiske. The lakes in Ladakh are some places that would interest the new wed.
- Romantic Things to Do: One of the major attractions in Ladakh is the Pangong Lake. Newly wed couples can gaze at this gorgeous saline water lake which changes its color through the day. Nubra valley is a must visit for couples who do not mind the adventures of safari.Magnetic hills, Kargil, Khardung La pass, and Zanskar valley are other tourist attractions in Ladakh.
- How to Reach: Leh Kushok Bakula Rimpochee is the main Airport in Ladakh. If you are not planning to take a flight, the nearest railway station to Ladakh is Jammu Tawi. This railway station is 700 Km away from Ladakh but one can hire taxis.
- Where to Stay: The Grand Dragon and Hotel Lasermo are one of the top rated hotels in Ladakh. Leh being the heart of the district has a number of hotels to provide you a cozy nest.
- Best Time to Visit: May to September is the best time to visit Ladakh. In this duration, Ladakh offers the most beautiful sights and roads are also more convenient for travelers.
- Precautions and Other Attractions: Ladakh is pretty safe as a tourist destination. One must visit Hemis Monastery, Suru valley and Leh palace to capture the culture and beauty of Ladakh.
3. Nubra Valley:
Nubra Valley is known to be an extremely cold desert; it remains cut off from the rest of the world for more than 8 months. Couples who would actually want to go out of the comfort zone and be a little sporty can visit this place. To reach the valley they have to cross the Khardunga La to meet the Shyok River. The scenic beauty of this valley is worth gazing at.
- Romantic Things to Do: The double humped camels in Nubra Valley can take you for ride amidst alluring sand dunes. Your loved one would definitely like the idea of some safari adventure. You can engage yourselves in a conversation and hike your way to YarabTso Lake which is another hidden gem in this valley. You can also visit monasteries and Maitreya Buddha statue which will leave you awestruck.
- How to Reach: The closest Railway stations to Nubra Valley are Jammu Tawi and Udhampur. However, we recommend that you take a flight which will carry you to Leh airport. The airport is approximately 120 kms away from Nubra Valley.
Where to stay: One can find lodgings and cheap to luxurious hotels in Nubra Valley. Camps like Mystic Meadows and Nubra Ethnic are famous for their cozy accommodations.
- Best Time to Visit: April to June and Septmeber to October should be the best timings to visit Nubra valley as the weather is relatively warm and pleasant.
- Precautions and Other Attractions: You may want to stuff your bag with heavy clothes since it’s pretty chilly out there. Make sure you visit the Diskit Monastery and the beautiful lakes.
Gulmarg is located is one the most scenic areas in Kashmir. In the summers it is full of lush green areas all around and on the contrast the winter are just covered with snow. In 1927 the ski and snowboard area in Gulmarg had been discovered by British residents and they were drawn to the beautiful area. Couples wanting some good time in the resorts can come to this place anytime in the year.
- Romantic Things to Do: What could be better than a cable car ride with all amidst the gorgeous meadows and valleys? Gulmarg Gandola is extremely popular among tourist. One can capture of the scenic beauty of this place while on a ride with better half. If you aren’t afraid of some chills in the snow, make sure you visit the famous ski and sledge spots.
- How to Reach: If you’re travelling by air, Srinagar airport is 58 kms away from this breathtaking location. The nearest railway station is Jammu which is well connected with various cities. You can also take a bus from cities and towns nearby.
- Where to Stay: The Khyber Himalayan Hotel and Spa is the most luxurious properties in Gulmarg. There are a number of budgeted to expensive hotels available in this region of Kashmir.
- Best Time to Visit: December end to mid-February is the best time to visit this place if you’re looking forward to some adventures in the snow. However, you can visit Gulmarg in summers for a rather pleasant and warm stay.
- Precautions and Other Attractions: You can visit Khilanmarg valley and Golf course to spend your day in various activities. Avantiswami temple is also a great tourist attraction.
Pahalgam is the most fertile region and is rich with vegetation and the conifer trees are in plenty. The couples get enchanted with the beauty of the meadows, the natural landscapes. Staying away from the busy city gives them peace. It is a place for adventure sports like horse riding, water rafting, canoeing, etc.
- Romantic Things to Do: This place speaks romance as it is the most beautiful area to exist in Kashmir. Baisarin hills which are also termed as “Mini Switzerland” are worth taking a stroll on. The lush green surroundings and snowcapped mountains in the background will captivate you by their beauty. Love birds can experience undying serenity by visiting some old and aesthetic temples.
- How to Reach: The nearest railway station to Pahalgam is Jammu. One can take train and conveniently reach this place. If you’re taking a flight, Srinagar airport is 95 kilometers away from this honeymoon destination.
- Where to Stay: Pahalgam has a number of cozy and luxurious inns, hotels, lodgings and camps. Cheap to expensive properties are easily available for an affordable and comfortable stay.
- Best Time to Visit: The peak time is between March to June, July to September and October to February. July to September marks the monsoon season in Pahalgam. You can visit this place in the desired duration.
- Precautions and Other Attractions: Tulian Lake, Aru village and Valley and Kolahoi glaciers are well known for their stunning views.
Sonmarg is known as the ‘Meadow of Gold’, it is located near the Zoji La Pass. It is full of beautiful flowers and is famous for trekking routes. The places where the couples would like to go are Vishanar Lake, Gangabal Lakes, and Nilagard stream which meets the River Sind is a major attraction too. The top of meadows gives a magnificent view and couples would like to repose there.
- Romantic Things to Do: The lakes, valleys and meadows situated here are sure to give you the best honeymoon experience. You can get lost with your loved one in the beauty of magnificient Gadsar or Vishansar Lake. If your partner would love some chills and thrills of skiing, Thajiwas Glacier is the place for you. It is one of the major tourist attractions and offers you the best snow experience.
- How to Reach: The nearest airport from Sonmarg is the Srinagar airport which is 70 kilometers away. Taxis are well available at the airport. You can also take the rail. Jammu is the nearest railway station from the location.
- Where to Stay: Hotel Rah Villas is a pretty famous five-star accommodation in Sonmarg. Other hotels and lodges are easily available in the area.
- Best Time to Visit: The best months to visit Sonmarg are from April to October since the weather is pleasant and it is not extremely chilly. However, if you are as snow person, October to Mid-February is a preferable duration.
- Precautions and Other Attractions: Make sure you visit the beautiful temples and take a stroll in stunning valleys. Skiing can be a perfect and fun activity for couples.
Anantnag means unending springs due to a number springs and lakes present there. The district has a number of health resorts. During summer couples are more likely to come here because of the pleasant climate. Martland Sun Temple is one famous tourist spot in Anantnag, where seven complexes of temples are together. There are other areas which the government is developing, for tourists.
- Romantic Things to Do: Couples just can’t miss out on the beautiful temples and other significant tourist sports in Anantnag. Martand Sun temple, Aishmuqam Shrine, and AmarnathJi definitely call for a visit. Love birds can enjoy the divinity these places have to offer. Bandipore, Imambara Goom and Manasballake are locations that can serve your craving for scenic beauty and peaceful surroundings.
- How to Reach: Anantnag is well connected to major cities by buses. The nearest railway station is Banihal Railway station. Srinagar Airport is 65 kilometers away from the destination.
- Where to Stay: Anantnag is a very well-known tourist spot and has numerous hotels. One can easily rent a suitable place to spend the vacations.
- Best Time to Visit: The best time to visit Anantnag is during summer months because the weather is pleasant and best for sight-seeing.
- Precautions and Other Attractions: Sopore, Parihaspora, LalChowk and Fruit and Vegetable market of Betingoo are other beautiful places you must visit.
Bandipore is located in northern banks of Wular Lake, which is largest fresh water lake in Asia. It is a good place for couples to go mountain climbing, fishing, trekking, etc.
- Romantic Things to Do: Don’t you believe the best conversations start during a trek? Bandipora is a less discovered tourist spot in Kashmir which offers you beautiful valleys and lakes. Couples can rejuvenate themselves by absorbing the visual beauty of this place. Since this place is known for fishing, trekking and mountaineering, couples can have a great time indulging in such activities.
- How to Reach: The Srinagar Airport is 53 kms away from Bandipore. Railway stations connecting to Bandipore are Hamre and Sopore.
- Where to Stay: There are various hotels, lodges and hostels available in Bandipore. You can rent a suitable place according to your budget and preferences.
- Best Time to Visit Bandipore: You can visit Bandipore at any time of the year. Consider the fact that the weather is relatively pleasant in summer months.
- Precautions and Other Attractions: Bandipore is known for its wildlife. One must volunteer for activities like fishing, trekking and mountaineering.
Kashmir is surely a paradise on Earth and there is nothing more attractive than the natural beauty it offers. It is an ideal destination for newly wed love birds who want to explore each other and the world around them. If you could gather enough information and suggestions, do leave a feedback. Do not miss out on the eternal beauty of Kashmir!